Our firm’s national labor and employment law practice is headed by Walter DeForest and Jacqueline Koscelnik, who are consistently recognized for their work in The Best Lawyers in America. They are supported by a team of outstanding attorneys.
Our clients include universities, hospitals, health insurers, television stations, radio stations, manufacturing firms, construction operations, and advanced technology companies that employ a diversity of employees, including white-collar, clerical, technical, blue-collar, and professional personnel.
While we're available to help you with any matters that arise, we specialize in the following areas:
• Counseling for unionized, non-union, and mixed (unionized and non-union) workforces
• Representation of employers in connection with, and in negotiation of, collective bargaining agreement negotiations and labor dispute arbitrations
• Litigation of employment matters, such as discrimination, harassment, wrongful termination, and suits involving the enforcement of non-competition clauses. We have litigated in state and federal courts and represented clients before administrative agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and the Department of Labor
• Advice and counseling of employers during union representation campaigns, elections, and situations with picketing and strikes
• Representation of employers in proceedings before the National Labor Relations Board
• Development of affirmative action plans and counsel during audits by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs for clients who are federal contractors
• Compliance counseling for employers on the full range of employment laws, including the wage and hour laws, the Americans With Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
• Drafting and management of employee handbooks, harassment policies, leave policies, affirmative action plans, and personal services agreements. We advise employers daily on hiring, promotion, discipline, and termination matters.
• Education and training for employment and labor compliance
To read more about the firm's Employment cases, please read our Cases page.